Want to become a professional pyrotechnician?
Learn the trade with Pyro Spectaculars.
We would love to have you on our team!
Pyro Spectaculars is dedicated to training the next generation of pyrotechnicians. Below, we’ve provided some information about California-specific requirements for pyrotechnic operators. If you have any questions about how you can start an exciting career in pyrotechnics get in touch with us!
- Applicants must be 21 or older
- Applicants must be on eight post-display reports with five different licensed operators within two consecutive years
- Maintain a log-book to track your eligibility
- Attend Pyro University seminars
When You are Ready to Apply
- Contact the State Fire Marshal’s Office to receive an application
- Complete the application
- You’ll need to provide five letters of recommendation from licensed operators you‘ve worked with
- You’ll need to provide the post display reports of shows you’ve worked on (your log book)
- You’ll be required to submit your fingerprints
Once the application is approved and you’re ready to take the test
- The state will set your test date
- Study the state fireworks laws
- Take the test